Work history prior to becoming a tax Accountant and tax specialist, Trudy was General Manager, Foreign Exchange for Thomas Cook New Zealand, 1983 -1989. Trudy was responsible for the company's growth as a foreign exchange provider in New Zealand. She was involved in product development, branch openings, and license changes with the Reserve Bank and internal systems development. She was promoted from this role in New Zealand to be based in London at the company's head office to provide support to the company's foreign exchange network worldwide. Thomas Cook New Zealand was recognised for its innovation in retail and commercial foreign exchange both within New Zealand and within the Thomas Cook network worldwide. Trudy now uses this extensive General Management experience in the retail and commercial environments in New Zealand to assist local business with their growth plans. Trudy has extensive banking and Foreign Exchange experience and considerable knowledge in strategic development and internal systems improvements.
Trudy now concentrates on business and taxation advisory services. She is also keen to talk to all clients about the protection of their assets, with special attention to appropriate structures.
Trudy is a keen Property investor. She has both residential and commercial property in her portfolio. She owns property in the Bay of Islands, Auckland, Southland and at Whananaki and is a keen Airbnb investor.
Trudy is well qualified to assist you with your business services, with a degree in Accounting, plus she is very proud to hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Taxation.
- Bachelors degree
- Postgraduate diploma taxation
- Working on completing Masters in taxation
- Two GST papers presented (Mr Cliff Mancer delivered two research papers in 1999 co-authored by himself and Trudy Kinghan at a taxation seminar in Australia. Mr Mancer was then Senior lecturer at Massey University and past editor of Staples Guide to New Zealand Tax Practice )
Two specific specialties:
- Tax specialist with a fascination of the tax law.
- Business development with concentration on sales and profit improvement
- New Zealand Trustees Association.
- New Zealand Institute of Management
Trudy is a Director of the firm's Corporate Trustee Company.
In his spare time can be seen running Bandit (our Australian Shepherd) and not as much as possible fishing at Whananaki or Opua. Or watching Motor GP and Superbikes. Hopes to go to the next Isle of Man TT.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Commerce (Commercial Law).
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting & Finance). Graduated from the University of Auckland.
- Xero Certified
In general I like to keep fit and currently strength train but previously played for the winning U15 and U18A Eden Roskill Cricket Club sides as well as representing U16 Boys for my school. Also played for Team Commerce in the 2012 interfaculty championships.
Love living in Northland. Spend way too much time running round after my boys. Enjoy walking, swimming, reading and the odd glass of wine with friends.
Kelly works on Mondays and Tuesdays based in our Opua Office.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Progress
- Xero Certified
- Bachelor of Commerce. Graduated from the University of Auckland.
- Xero Certified